Tuesday, October 03, 2006

Spontaneity – an attempt to appreciate the trait

After more than a usual day of work and workout, with the changing weather and a little chilly evening, I get out of my car wondering when I should wash it and when was the last time I washed it. I take a couple of steps towards my so-called ‘Bharat bhai ka hadda’! And I see a kid taking baby steps out of the door and his mom following him. I give a smile and stroll past them to take the stairs. Lost in the thoughts of feelings versus opinions with my buddy defining the need versus want, with more than unusual attempt to comprehend the apprehensions about the happenings over the past week and how the poem I so want to inscribe is no where close to my expectations -

I hear this lovable voice “Mooooom, Where is my ball?” She answers, I kept it there sweetheart and I think the guy walking upstairs kicked it off! I jump out of the side of my head to see if I really kicked it unconsciously! I laugh out loud and confessed to her that she got be completely bare-footed and was a good one.

Spontaneity is such a special trait and for me one of the astounding moral fiber that reflects a great personality. In this regard, I have to quote a story that I heard when I was a kid.

In an interview for an IAS position, the interviewer poses a coarse question to adjudge the personality/spontaneity of the interviewee. Interviewer says, “I think your mom is a b*tch”; the interviewee comes up with an unprecedented response “Yes sir, she is! But my dad is the only customer!”. Well, I apologize for the foul language but it is worth mentioning to echo the greatness of this trait. It saves you from embarrassment, it helps you to be witty and the best of all, it helps you to lie :) - as long as the trait doest not turn out to be a superfluous sarcasm.

2 comments:

Rambler registries said...

I guess they say..timing..right place..right time..right words..can work magic for you. the last quote abut the interview was good and how offensive the comment sounds..and the answer was such a punch in the face. I aint that smart!

Bharat said...

To Rambler.*: Well, me neither!...I infact suck at it n hence this attempt!!