Thursday, October 12, 2006

Random Minutes to Reminiscences


On October 7th, 2006, the journey starts little skeptical of weather.com and most of the plan amorphous. After going to Point Reyes and walking 30 stories down to a not so attractive light house, I was in the line of fire. As usual, I always get lucky for the lame things I do. We walk into this beautiful beach where serenity laid in the sound of the roaring waves and their sporadic splashes on the rocks yet tintinnabulating the chime of all the chords and notes together. Even though the freezing waters acted cold and furious that did not hinder me from resurrecting my old, calm and warm acquaintance with the pacific. As all good things have to end, this ended for something better to begin. The journey to SFO starts with ‘under the bridge’ in the background and everything true in there except the city of angels.

Driving on 101-South, we take an unexpected exit that takes us on to a summit. The picturesque scene of the man-made monument called Golden-gate altered its grandeur beyond the portrayed pictures, the more we ascended. I finally made it, the place where Hulk was standing and X-men seek their last revenge. She flaunted me with a spectacular display of rusty golden tones betting to find a better show of any other paradise. Well, I almost fell in the trap thinking that is the most glorious thing that could happen on that day and I might have run out of my luck. In no time, I was proven wrong, infact ridiculously. I walk through this tunnel to take a peep of the other side of the bay and what I see is something I dreamt my whole life.

Ocean changing its color to orangish red as if it’s blushing to meet its long-awaited friend; a reddish skyline on the horizon; a distant ship sailing into the bliss of mother nature’s heaven; well, one of the most romantic moments in my life, unfortunately had to spend with three other guys. None to blame though:)! And yeah, sun always sets in the west and it is beautiful.

Clear Skies, Sunset on one side and Golden gate on the other! That sums it all! Believe me when I say I made so many jealous with the amazing glimpse I got. It might have lasted for minutes but the reminiscences remain forever!

Worth mentioning, the best part of the trip was the chauffeur all along!

9 comments:

Rambler registries said...

Nothing like a beautiful fall sunset! I always keep reiterating that, am sorry. The picture is really beautiful and am just imagining how fabulous the sunset should have been..if i close my eyes after reading what u have written am able to visualize it. Very nice write up.

Bharat said...

@rambler: Thank you! I definitely got lucky that day!!!

SFO and San Diego are definitely one of a kind! Best places I have been to in my life! More than the city's partying I believe it's the weather and nature that make them more beautiful!!!

Rambler registries said...

Yes true to every word and for a madrasi like me...SFO is ideal weather! btw..chek my blog. have tagged you.

Bharat said...

@rambler: I have seen that...thank u:)!

Well, I understand! I stayed on coast whole my life, before I ended up in the arizonian desert! Couple of hrs from ocean sounds much better than desert!

I need to add the tags tooo!...there are soo many blogs that I regularly visit that it wld be far easy to click on them than remembering them considering my laziness factor!!!

An Egocentric Philanthropist said...

hi..
finally found u here...
nice write up...

Bharat said...

@philanthropist: Thank you! Decided to give it a shot n try my luck:)

Waiting for the weekly dose of your blog though!

Pallavi said...

Oh I haven't seen a beautiful sunset in a while now. Your post was a good reminder of that..good one.:)

Bharat said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Bharat said...

@pallavi: Thanks pallavi!...