Wednesday, October 25, 2006

Renaissance of my Vanished Sense of Heritage

Youngest city, one of the top two living places in the world, host of 2010 winter Olympics, a few of many that were stated about the Vancouver city! My first trip to north eastern parts, somewhat memorable for many reasons! To start of with, would definitely be, two days off from work while watching my other buddies working their butts-off and me having a great vacation!!

The fall colors of Vancouver; with the weather predictably unpredictable as the locals quote; the city's focus on the European architecture preserving its antique etiquette and its endeavor to still encourage the contemporary; Permeated sweet European accent in the shops and Crowds infused with Punjabi; A splendid 10% of the city embodied with parks; And not even a single highway inside the city yet making it a city; - its a place to be.

It's this spot between the latitudes and longitudes that is only 100 years old yet preserving the culture, faceting it in every building it built and every nature it preserved in and around Vancouver and greater Vancouver.

In these captivating sightings I had, there unleashed a regret followed-up with self-consolation. I understood the definition of Heritage for the very first time. For all my hate towards history and social studies throughout my high school, I understood the significance to learn about the past. For so long, I stumbled upon the fact that the only non-depleting wealth I have is my Heritage imbibed in every work of art - Sculptures of Yellora, Ajantha; epics of Mahabharata, Ramayana; Folklores of our childhood heroes - Rama and Krishna, exemplifying with their unraveling characteristic, proverbial charm and incredible responsibility. It doesn't end there or it doesn’t have an end probably.

Ancestors not only gave us this heritage through this art but also their perceptive perspective of wrong-doings so that we will start from NOT doing wrong and find a courageous path towards success with a message – “Ages pass-by but the spirits should always stay high!”

Anyways, Cruising just above the non-whitey clouds, gazing at the heavens as if it's the clearest sky and the darkest night that you could ever get to see; with shining and sizzling white patches on the clouds here and there coz of the piercing light from the stars on the ground, listening to Dido and imprinting my just happened incredible experience on the flight back is a perfect ending to my trip as long as my friend comes and picks me up!

Yes, he did – hence the post:)!!

4 comments:

Rambler registries said...

The Victorian buildings always have their charm...even back in India you find such buildings..though they are all rundown and old ...They always tower high in architechture.
and yes you are right about the culture preserved be it the jataka tales or the Taj Mahal or the Tanjore Temple we live,breathe the heritage as it is infused within us. Wherever we go, we always carry a part of it with us...

Bharat said...

@rambler: Yup! I cldnt agree with u more!!:)

Rambler registries said...

my bad with the architecture spelling...got all confused!

Bharat said...

hahaha!...well, I dint even see the spelling! Its like u just process it when u see the starting of it!!:D