Tuesday, July 31, 2007

You Remain....and my passion remains...

For some reason, once I stopped having English as a subject with exams and assignments in school, Only then I had and have this unbridled desire of reading more and more of good poetry and literature. It keeps me at peace with myself, for some reason, yet to find myself.

My passion still remains and I think there is more time before I start searching for the remains...

Something good that I have read lately,

"You Remain"

As a perfume doth remain
In the folds where it hath lain,
So the thought of you, remaining
Deeply folded in my brain,
Will not leave me; all things leave me;
You remain.

Other thoughts may come and go
Other moments I may know,
That shall waft me, in their going
As a breath blown to and fro;
Fragrant memories, fragrant memories
Come and Go.

Only thoughts of you remain
In my heart where they have lain-
Perfumed thoughts of you, remaining
A hid sweetness, in my brain.
Others leave me; all things leave me;
You remain.

By the British poet, Arthur Symons (1865-1945)

More literature of William wordsworth and others can be found at the
courtesy of http://www.blupete.com/Literature/Poetry/

1 comment:

Swetha said...

'Fragrant memories'....I loved the expression.