Sunday, July 29, 2007

Forrest Gump...My turn to say "It's awesome!!!"

Forrest Gump! The number of times I have watched it, zillion. It's like one of those movies that I start uttering the dialogue while watching the movie. I think that it shows a Man's honesty, devotion masqueraded in stupidity. The shade of comedy eludes the message. But I am nerdy enough to get it:)

My favourites -->

Forrest Gump: Yes. Well, I-I don't know. Sometimes it would stop raining long enough for the stars to come out... and then it was nice. It was like just before the sun goes to bed down on the bayou. There was always a million sparkles on the water... like that mountain lake. It was so clear, Jenny, it looked like there were two skies one on top of the other. And then in the desert, when the sun comes up, I couldn't tell where heaven stopped and the earth began. It's so beautiful.

Jenny Curran: I wish I could've been there with you.

Forrest Gump: You were.

############################################################

Forrest: Jenny, I don't know if Momma was right or if, if it's Lieutenant Dan. I don't know if we each have a destiny, or if we're all just floating around accidental-like on a breeze, but I, I think maybe it's both. Maybe both is happening at the same time. I miss you, Jenny. If there's anything you need, I won't be far away.

4 comments:

Rambler registries said...

I am with ya! I am sure you watched it over the weekend...one movie which never fails to inspire...TOM HANKS...gosh! Forrest Gump is so much more....

Bharat said...

Infact twice over the weekend...so the current count is zillion+2 ..:)

Swetha said...

Totally with ya. The movie is simply amazing.

Beautiful Mind said...

All credit to him...made it so simple..i see selflessness, promise, trust from the movie..probably many more..

Check out "Terminal" if you havent..one more classic from Tom Hanks..